The American Institute of Architects (AIA) Adds 13 New AIA Contract Documents to Documents-On-Demand™ Service
Web-based solution adds popular Architect’s Scope of Services Documents to AIA Documents-on-Demand, providing easy access to documents anytime, anywhere
The American Institute of Architects (AIA) today announced that it has added 13 documents to AIA Documents-on-Demand™, bringing the total number of documents available through this service to 48. AIA Documents-on-Demand is a Web-based service that enables both PC and MAC users to easily access, and electronically fill out and print the latest AIA Contract Documents, anytime and anywhere with access to the Internet and a printer.
You can see this press release online here: http://www.aia.org/press/releases/AIAB088445
“AIA Documents-on-Demand continues to be the most popular, cost-effective service, offering those in the design and construction industry with user-friendly and 24/7 access to AIA Contract Documents,” said Young C. Chang, Director, Web-based Products. “We’re very excited to expand the number of documents through this service while also continuing to offer solutions and meet our users’ needs to ensure they save both time and money with our easy-to-complete electronic documents.”
These latest additions now make available the full selection of AIA scope of services documents through Documents-on-Demand. The documents describe architectural services to be provided either in addition to the Basic Services set forth in the standard AIA Owner-Architects Agreements or to be provided as stand-alone services. If used to supplement Basic Services, the scope of services documents can be used in conjunction with standard AIA Owner-Architect Agreements, such as B101™-2007. If used to provide stand-alone services, they may be paired with B102™-2007, Standard Form of Agreement Between Owner and Architect without a Predefined Scope of Architect’s Services. Both B101-2007 and B102-2007 are also available on Documents-on-Demand.
The following documents have been added to AIA Documents-on-Demand:
1. B201™–2007 (formerly B141–1997 Part 2), Standard Form of Architect’s Services: Design and Construction Contract Administration
2. B202™–2009, Standard Form of Architect’s Services: Programming
3. B203™–2007, Standard Form of Architect’s Services: Site Evaluation and Planning
4. B204™–2007, Standard Form of Architect’s Services: Value Analysis, for use where the Owner employs a Value Analysis Consultant
5. B205™–2007, Standard Form of Architect’s Services: Historic Preservation
6. B206™–2007, Standard Form of Architect’s Services: Security Evaluation and Planning
7. B207™–2008 (formerly B352–2000), Standard Form of Architect’s Services: On-Site Project Representation
8. B209™–2007, Standard Form of Architect’s Services: Construction Contract Administration, for use where the Owner has retained another Architect for Design Services
9. B210™–2007, Standard Form of Architect’s Services: Facility Support
10. B211™–2007, Standard Form of Architect’s Services: Commissioning
11. B214™–2007, Standard Form of Architect’s Services: LEED® Certification
12. B252™–2007, Standard Form of Architect’s Services: Architectural Interior Design
13. B253™–2007, Standard Form of Architect’s Services: Furniture, Furnishings and Equipment Design
AIA Documents-on-Demand allow users who do not need or cannot afford the convenience, extensive selection and ease-of-use of AIA Contract Document software to purchase and download only the AIA Contract Document forms and agreements necessary for a certain project. Access to the service is free. The price per document varies from $4.95 to $19.95.
The new AIA Contract Documents on AIA Documents-on-Demand will be available beginning March 22, 2011. To purchase AIA Documents-on-Demand, please visit http://documentsondemand.aia.org/.
More information about AIA Contract Documents can be found at www.aia.org/contractdocs. AIA Contract Documents software can be purchased at www.aia.org/contractdocs/purchase. Documents in paper form are available through the AIA’s full service distributors. For a listing of full service distributors and pricing information, please visit www.aia.org/docs_purchase.